We counted 14 baby robins in our backyard the other day! They love to nest on platforms and we love to give them comfortable housing (it's also great to keep them away from nesting on our light fixtures). This nesting platform is pine that's stained with weathered oak so the wood takes on a gray tone. On the roof and backing, we layered in weathered green for a punch of color. From there we went crazy with flowers...once you start it's hard to stop. We topped it off with ventilation holes in the sides and two coats of outdoor sealant to keep it looking great for years to come.
Groovy Floral Nesting Platform
- 3 lbs, 9.8 ounces - yeah it's solid pine!
- open entryway for robins and other nest box birds
- backing is 13 high and 9 1/4" wide
- platform base is 7" wide with 7" depth
- sides are 6" at the top and narrows down to 4 1/2" at the bottom
- platform height is 9 1/4" and narrows down to 7" at the opening
- depth of the platform is 7"